April 5, 2025

Wawa News Global (WNG)

Your most dependable platform for the latest breaking news in Nigeria

Fulani bandits kidnap 7 commuters in Ondo, release 3 to go for ransom

Spread the love

Fulani bandits kidnap 7 commuters in Ondo, release 3 to go for ransom

By Steve Oko

Fulani bandits on Monday,  abducted seven commuters along Ilesa-Akure express road.

Wawa News Global  gathered that the kidnapped victims were traveling to Akure the Ondo State capital when the bandits, wielding arms, stopped their bus and abducted the seven occupants.

Reports say  the bandits later released three of the victims and asked them to go and bring ransom.i

They reportedly nstructed the released victims to go and look for money to secure the release of the four other victims.

The abductors were also said to have told the released victims that they were Fulani bandits in need of money and not armed robbers.

The Osun Amotekun Corps Commandant, Brigadier-General Bashir Adewinmbi when contacted, confirmed the incident.

He said  the bandits had moved deep into the forest, but Amotekun personnel had been deployed to the area combing the forest for the bandits and their victims.

READ ALSO:  Eight dead, 2,750 injured in Lebanon pager explosions; Israel fingered

“It is true seven person were kidnapped on Monday night, three have been released while four were still held captives. Amotekun in conjunction with Oodua People’s Congress and other security agencies have been searching for the victims.

I have also visited the scene and we will not relent in our effort to ensure the other victims regain their freedom”, he said.

The state OPC Coordinator, Prince Deji Aladesawe corroborated the claim, saying the bandits voluntarily released three of the victims and ordered them to go look for money to secure the release of others.

“We are working with Amotekun personnel to comb the forest to ensure the release of other victims. They have released three persons and send a message through the release victims that they are fulanis bandits in need of money.

“The bandits also mandated the freed victims to go look for money to secure the release of the four other victims still in their custody”, he said.

READ ALSO:  Cheap popularity seekers behind call for Kanu's repatriation - IPOB

As at the time of filing this report, the state police spokesperson, Yemisi Opalola has not picked her call in order to react to the story.

Fulani bandits have remained a terror in South West despite the growing rage and nationwide protest against the hoodlums.

Steve Oko, Publisher/C.E.O, WaWa News Global. For more information on advert placement and news coverage, contact us on: 08038725600, or via email stevemanofgod2000@yahoo.com; wawanewsglobal@gmail.com Always read WaWa News Global - Your most dependable online news platform for the latest breaking news in Nigeria.

About The Author

%d