ENROLL YOUR CHILD @ CROWN SCHOOLS, GET VALUE FOR YOUR MONEY THROUGH CREATIVE & QUALITY TEACHING WITH QUALIFIED TEACHERS. RUSH NOW TO #44 EZEOGBULAFOR STREET OFF FINBARRS ROAD, UMUAHIA, ABIA STATE.

WAEC to  reconsider S’East candidates who missed 2021 WASSCE

WAEC to  reconsider S’East candidates who missed 2021 WASSCE
By Steve Oko
Hope beamed for candidates of the ongoing  West Africa Senior School Certificate Examination (WASSCE) in the South East, as the Federal Government has assured that they would be given another opportunity to write the examination.
Mr Sonny Echono, the Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Education, Mr. Sonny Echono, who gave the hint in Abuja, said that the Ministry was concerned about the fate of the candidates who missed the exam.
He however, frowned at the disruption of examination centres in the zone during last week’s Monday sit-at-home, describing it as very unfortunate.
The Permanent Secretary expressed satisfaction with the conduct of the examination across the country which was written by over 1.57 million candidates.
According to Echono, the ministry will put modalities in place to ensure that the candidates who missed the examination in the South East are given other opportunities to write the examination.
“We are very pleased that all around the country; examinations are going on peacefully as we have a total of over 19,000 exams centres across the country with over 1.57million registered candidates.
“Besides the disruptions we had on Sept.13 in the South East where some candidates were stopped from doing the exams, it is a peaceful examination.
“We are complying with all the standards and ethics of examinations, we are pursuing very hard more cases, incidence or possibilities of examinations malpractice because we have a zero tolerance for examinations malpractice.
“We shall punish any person found culpable and ensure that sanity is restored in our system,’’ he said.
Echono further said that the ministry did not encounter challenges in preparing students for the examinations aside from the COVID-19 pandemic.
“All COVID-19 safety protocols are being strictly adhered to in centres across the country,” he said.
He said that although some schools were closed in states due to COVID-19 pandemic, alternative arrangements were made especially for exit classes to take the examination.
On the possibilities of examination malpractices, Echono said that cases of examination malpractices were usually collated at the end of the examination, pointing out that the culprits would also be brought to book.
He said that the ministry was collaborating with relevant examination bodies and Non Government Organisations to fish out candidates involved in examination malpractices.
“This is because we have a lot of miscreant who are perpetrating and deceiving people. We are going to undertake a general overhaul for all those offering so called services to candidates.
“We didn’t see much of malpractices in internal examinations like this because these are students who are already in school,” he said.
Steve Oko, Publisher/C.E.O, WaWa News Global. For more information on advert placement and news coverage, contact us on: 08038725600, or via email [email protected]; [email protected] Always read WaWa News Global - Your most dependable online news platform for the latest breaking news in Nigeria.

Leave a Reply

You have successfully subscribed to the newsletter

There was an error while trying to send your request. Please try again.

WaWa News Global (WNG) will use the information you provide on this form to be in touch with you and to provide updates and marketing.
%d bloggers like this: