Enugu massacre: Ugwuanyi’s security meeting empty – Ohanaeze youths
By Steve Oko
The youth wing of the apex Igbo socio-cultural organization, Ohanaeze Youth Council, OYC, has dismissed the outcome of the Enugu State Governor Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi’s Emergency Security Meeting over the August 23 massacre of Igbo youths at Emene by security agents, as “watery and empty of any action plan”.
The National President of OYC, Comrade Igboayaka O Igboayaka, in a statement expressed disappointment over the failure of the meeting to come up with measures that could assuage the rising grievancees of the people, and forestall future recurrence.
OYC insisted that Enugu State Government should set up a panel of inquiry to investigate the matter instead of running round the truth in a bid to be politically incorrect.
” The position of Ndigbo is that he should set up an independent Judicial Panel to investigate the incident to ascertain where legal action should be taken against all the security personnel involved in the inhumane act irrespective of hierarchy”, OYC said.
OYC expressed disappointment over the inability of the meeting to address the burning issues , demanding the governor to explain if he were tipped off by the security agencies before the condemnable operation.
OYC said it was unacceptable to Ndigbo for Nigeria security agents to perceive a meeting of IPOB as a security threat to Enugu State without informing the number one citizen of the state.
The Igbo youth body insisted that “Ndigbo and Nigerians must be told the person who ordered or commanded the shooting at armless defenseless youths.”
The statement read in part : “Subsequent meeting of the Governor Ugwuanyi with traditional and religious leaders must culminate in setting Independent Panel or Ndigbo will see him as part of the conspiracy against Ndigbo.”
OYC regretted that the masssacre of Igbo youths across the country including the incidents of “30th August 2015 in Onitsha Anambra State; Enugu State; Yenagoa ,Bayelsa State; Port Harcourt, Rivers State; Asaba ,Delta State; and Aba on 29th January and 9th February 2016.”
“Others include that of 11th and 14th September 2017 massacre at IsialaNgwa, Ogwe and Umuahia. They must not be swept under the carpet. The incident of Emene Enugu will be the end of this madness.”
“The way Governor Ugwuanyi handles this case will determine whether he had been bought over by Fulani political oligarchy or he is still serving the interest of Ndigbo inline with rule of law”
“As it’s never before, all Igbo eyes are in Emene Enugu massacre including the international community and Ohanaeze Youth Council will not relent in their campaign to bring justice to the dead Igbo youths”Steve Oko, Publisher/C.E.O, WaWa News Global. For more information on advert placement and news coverage, contact us on: 08038725600, or via email firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com Always read WaWa News Global - Your most dependable online news platform for the latest breaking news in Nigeria.