ENROLL YOUR CHILD @ CROWN SCHOOLS, GET VALUE FOR YOUR MONEY THROUGH CREATIVE & QUALITY TEACHING WITH QUALIFIED TEACHERS. RUSH NOW TO #44 EZEOGBULAFOR STREET OFF FINBARRS ROAD, UMUAHIA, ABIA STATE.

MAMA OMOTEOKE TO BE INSTALLED AS THE OLDEST WOMAN IN UGHELI JAN 23

231 micro projects completed in 146 Abia communities, says CSDP

231 micro projects completed in 146 Abia communities, says CSDP

 

By Leonard Egwuma

The Abia State Agency for Community and Social Development Project (CSDP), says it has assisted 146 communities to complete 231 out of 286 micro projects approved in the state.

The General Manager of CSDP, Abia, Dr. Chinatu Njoku disclosed this during an interview with newsmen.

He said the World Bank-assisted projects were completed, while numerous others were on-going, during the additional financing that started in 2016.

Njoku said that the projects included the drilling of boreholes, construction and renovation of school buildings, skills acquisition centres, health centres, electricity installation, among others.

“The beautiful thing about these projects is not just about the completion, but that they are being put to use by the communities and they are delivering results,” he said.

According to him, CSDP was in 14 local government areas until May 1, 2017, when the poverty map was deployed, which restricted the agency to 10 LGAs.

READ ALSO:  Abia student wins scholarship for dancing

“But we hope to expand to the 17 local government areas in the state.

“We have intimated the governor about the need for this expansion and he will graciously write to the World Bank to do that,” Njoku said.

He said that the people had embraced the project, adding that even when the agency had no resources, the communities had gone ahead to implement it using the community-development approach.

“We have over 500 applications by communities that are yet to be attended to,” Njoku said.

He expressed gratitude to Governor Okezie Ikpeazu for keying into the additional financing by providing the counterpart fund and meeting other eligibility criteria.

“The community pays 10 per cent of the project, while CSDP completes the remaining 90 per cent, and makes sure that it meets the eligibility criteria,” the general manager said.

He lauded both the federal and the state government for the development, saying that it had reasonably transformed lives in various communities.

READ ALSO:  Constituents thank Onyejeocha for renovating school, road 
Steve Oko, Publisher/C.E.O, WaWa News Global. For more information on advert placement and news coverage, contact us on: 08038725600, or via email stevemanofgod2000@yahoo.com; wawanewsglobal@gmail.com Always read WaWa News Global - Your most dependable online news platform for the latest breaking news in Nigeria.

Leave a Reply

You have successfully subscribed to the newsletter

There was an error while trying to send your request. Please try again.

WaWa News Global (WNG) will use the information you provide on this form to be in touch with you and to provide updates and marketing.