Breaking!!! Labour suspends strike as FG bows to pressure, accepts N30,000 new minimum wage
By Steve Oko
The Nigeria Labour Congress, NLC, has suspended its planned strike meant to commence today, November 6, 2018.
A press statement issued Monday night by the General Secretary , Dr. Peter I. Ozo-Eson, said the planned industrial action meant to lock down Nigeria was cancelled following the readiness of Government to pay N30,000 as new minimum wage.
The statement made available to Wawa News Global said President Muhammadu Buhari , would by 4:15 pm today, receive the final report of the Tripartite Committee on National Minimum wage which was signed late last night.
Sequel to this, Labour has directed workers not to proceed again with the planned shown down.
Below is a full text of the statement :
“General Secretary/ President
Suspension of Planed Strike
“Following the meeting of the Tripartite Committee on the National Minimum Wage today and the signing of the final report recommending 30,000 naira as the recommended new national Minimum Wage and the readiness of Mr President to receive the report formally tomorrow 6th November, 2018 at 4:15 pm, the strike called to commence tomorrow has been suspended by the Leadership of Organised Labour.
“Comrades, please note that there are still several bridges to cross before the new Minimum Wage becomes law. It is our collective commitment and dedication that has made the progress so far possible.
“We all need to stand ready in a state of full mobilization in case future action becomes necessary to push for the timely enactment and implementation of the new Minimum Wage.
“We wish to salute your commitment.
Solidarity for ever.
Dr Peter I. Ozo-Eson
Steve Oko, Publisher/C.E.O, WaWa News Global. For more information on advert placement and news coverage, contact us on: 08038725600, or via email firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com Always read WaWa News Global - Your most dependable online news platform for the latest breaking news in Nigeria.