Parallel congress : APC recognises Ogah, disowns Emenike
. Releases full list of guber candidates in 24 states
By Steve Oko
The emergence of Dr. Uche Ogah as the authentic governorship candidate of the All Progressive Congress in Abia State for the 2019 poll has been affirmed by National Working Committee of the party.
This is as the NWC failed to recognise Chief Ikechi Emenike who emerged from a parallel congress earlier conducted by his faction of the party.
Emenike’s name was conspicuously missing in the list of APC governorship candidates for the 2019 election.
According to the list released by the National Publicity Secretary of APC, Yekini Nabena, Ogah is the party’s candidate for Abia at the forthcoming poll.
Te recognition according to pundits, has laid to rest the confusion over who is the party’s authentic flag bearer in Abia.
Wawa News Global reports that the Electoral Congress Committee sent by the APC national leadership conducted the primaries that produced Ogah.
Former Speaker, Edo State House of Assembly, Rt. Hon David Iyoha chaired the committee that superintended over the direct primaries.
Meanwhile some of the aspirants that lost out in the contest have since conceded defeat and congratulated Ogah
Some of them include Ambassador Okey Emuchey who was personally present at the party office where the result of the exercise was declared ; Chief Friday Nwosu; and former Speaker Martins Azubuike who is rumoured as the running mate although there has been no official statement to that effect.
The congress that produced Emenike was conducted by Professor Okezie Abarikwu.
Meanwhile, releasing the list of APC governorship candidates in 24 states, Nabena, said the outstanding states would soon be released.
His words : “Following the Governorship Primaries of the All Progressives Congress (APC) held across the country, the Party’s National Working Committee (NWC) at its meeting held on Thursday, 4th October, 2018 ratified the reports of the various Electoral Committees.
“The NWC adopted the under-listed as Governorship candidates of the APC for the forthcoming 2019 general elections.”
However, flag bearers in 12 others states will be made known in the coming days.
Full list of the candidates below are:
1. ABDULLAHI UMAR GANDUJE – KANO STATE
2. MOHAMMED ABUBAKAR – BAUCHI STATE
3. SIMON LALONG – PLATEAU STATE
4. NASIR EL-RUFAI – KADUNA STATE
5. MOHAMMED BADARU ABUBAKAR – JIGAWA STATE
6. AHMED ALIYU – SOKOTO STATE
7. ABUBAKAR ATIKU BAGUDU – KEBBI STATE
8. AMINU BELLO MASARI – KATSINA STATE
9. ABUBAKAR SANI BELLO – NIGER STATE
10. BABAGANA UMARA-ZULUM – BORNO STATE
11. MAI MALA BUNI – YOBE STATE
12. ABUBAKAR A. SULE – NASARAWA STATE
13. EMMANUEL JIMME – BENUE STATE
14. BABAJIDE SANWO–OLU – LAGOS STATE
15. TONYE COLE – RIVERS STATE
16. UCHE OGAH – ABIA STATE
17. NSIMA EKERE – AKWA-IBOM STATE
18. ADEBAYO ADELABU – OYO STATE
19. DAPO ABIODUN – OGUN STATE
20. GREAT OGBORU – DELTA STATE
21. OWAN ENOH – CROSS-RIVER
22. INUWA YAHAYA – GOMBE STATE
23. SUNNY OGBOJI – EBONYI STATE
24. SANI ABUBAKAR DANLADI – TARABA STATE.
EndSteve Oko, Publisher/C.E.O, WaWa News Global. For more information on advert placement and news coverage, contact us on: 08038725600, or via email firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com Always read WaWa News Global - Your most dependable online news platform for the latest breaking news in Nigeria.