The man Uche Ogah: Abia Governor in waiting
Dr. Uchechukwu Sampson Ogah, OON, FCA, is the President of Masters Energy Group, a conglomerate with over 16 subsidiaries and interests spanning Oil & Gas, Banking, Insurance, Aviation, Shipping, Dredging, Logistics, Manufacturing, Construction, Travels and Tours, Power, e.t.c.
He was a banker of distinction with over 16 years experience in the sector; during which he received many commendations and awards as proof of his diligence and high rated performance. He voluntarily resigned from Zenith Bank as Assistant General Manager to set up Masters Energy Group.
He is a very successful entrepreneur and businessman with a heart of gold. His belief in the Nigerian economy is strong and unequivocal.
Dr. Uchechukwu Ogah stands like a colossus in the area of philanthropy. He is the founder, The Uche Ogah Foundation.
Dr. Uchechukwu Sampson Ogah is a holder of the following: National Award, Officer of the Order of the Niger (OON), an Honourary Doctorate Degree in Business Administration, Onwa, Pride of Abia and Oke Oji of Abia among many others.
He is a member of various professional bodies, a Fellow of Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria (ICAN), Nigerian Institute of Shipping, Institute of Brand Management of Nigeria among others.
He transformed Masters Energy Group into one of the most formidable, dynamic and vibrant brands in Nigeria.
Dr. Uchechukwu Sampson Ogah holds the following academic degrees: Masters of Business Administration (MBA) from University of Lagos, Bachelor of Science (Banking & Finance) from Ogun State University, Post Graduate Diploma (PGD) from University of Nigeria, Nsukka (UNN) and HND (Distinction) in Accountancy from the prestigious Institute of Management and Technology, Enugu.
Dr. Uchechukwu Sampson Uche Ogah is 49 years old, he was born to Chief Wilson and Ezinne Pauline Ogah of Onuaku Uturu, Isuikwuato Local Government Area of Abia State.
Dr. Uchechukwu Sampson Ogah is a man of vision, courage and he is a go-getter. He resigned from a well paying banking job and a high profile position to venture into the business world in a supposed volatile economy like ours; blazing the trail against all odds.
Dr. Uchechukwu Sampson Ogah’s profile has risen since he left the banking sector with about 16 years’ experience to establish Masters Energy Oil & Gas Company in 2007, and today, the company has metamorphosed into a conglomerate with 16 subsidiaries providing employment opportunity for over 18,000 workers directly and indirectly and still counting .
Dr. Uchechukwu Sampson Ogah ranks among the most distinguished industrialists/nationalists, and one of those who have considered taking development to their home towns as he established the almost-ready-for-commissioning ultra-modern Petro-Chemical Industrial estate beside the Onuaku Wonderland in Uturu, just to give development and job creation opportunities within the South-East. Dr. Uchechukwu Sampson Ogah’s Masters Energy Group has a target to have 42,000 persons in their workforce by the end of 2022.
Dr. Uchechukwu Sampson Ogah believes in the Nigerian economy and this informed his decision to build Masters Energy City worth several billions of naira in Port Harcourt, Rivers State, when most companies were running away from the Niger Delta region because of security challenges. The 558,000metric tonne-capacity petroleum products storage facility he built a few years back helped to ensure availability and affordability of petroleum products in the south-south; south-east and north-east geopolitical zones. That single investment provided over 4,600 direct and indirect jobs for the people of Niger Delta, as part of his own contribution to Federal Government Nigeria’s rehabilitation programme in the oil-rich region.
Dr. Uchechukwu Sampson Ogah’s Masters Energy City also hosts a fabrication yard worth billionsof Naira, for the construction of equipment used in the oil and gas industry, as well as other sectors of the economy. His fabrication yard has constructed barges.
Still along the line of human capital development, Dr. Uchechukwu Sampson Ogah started giving scholarship awards to deserving students from Abia North in the year 2011. A few years after, he extended it to all deserving Abia youths. As at today over 1,000 Abia indigenes have benefited from this visionary initiative, that meant to support less privileged students but to encourage academic excellence.
Apart from the over 1000 scholarships he has given to Abia youths, he went further to build a magnificent auditorium for Abia state University worth over 800 million in current value, a building that is comparable to any major Conference Centre in the world; fully air-conditioned, with projectors, subs and a well furnished E-Library and underground facility.
Dr. Uchechukwu Sampson Ogah transformed his community through massive infrastructural development using his personal fund.
Apart from building ICT based school in his community, he did the following in his community with his personal fund:
1. He built houses for widows and less privileged people. He did not just build houses for people.
2. Pays stipend to widows, orphans and less privileged in the society. This is the only man who borrows money to meet other peoples need. Honestly it is hard to believe.
3. He empowered youths in his community by giving them job. He gave buses to Abia youths to get them gainfully employed. In like manner he gave countless number of people money to start businesses. That is the man for you.
4. He built a very functional health center for his people.
5. He electrified his community.
6. He built an ultra modern water scheme with mini dam.
7. He also constructed roads into his community with a beautiful community gate comparable to any major estate in highbrow areas of Abuja and Lagos.
8. He built a palace for his king and built the house of God for his people.
9. He transformed his community from an obscure village into a magnificent community with street lights and CCTV Cameras in strategic locations; thereby providing security in the community.
Honestly Dr Uche Ogah’s work of charity and milk of human kindness is hard to believe.
He has a track record that is there for everyone to see:
10. He has 16 years banking experience with accolades.
11. He rose to the zenith of banking profession as assistant general manager of Zenith Bank Plc.
12. He resigned voluntarily to take a personal risk in the volatile world of business.
13. In 7 years he built his business into a conglomerate of 16 subsidiaries.
14. In just 10 years he has employed over 18,000 people and they are well paid.
15. He built one of the biggest oil storage depots in sub-Saharan Africa, with 16 loading arms.
16. His company has automated tank gauging and dispensing systems.
17. Two finger jetties that can conveniently berth two vessels simultaneously.
18. Functional and dedicated jetty with about 9m draft at low water.
19. Jetty included on NPA Global Map.
20. Dr. Uchechukwu Sampson Ogah’s Masters Energy Group, has a target to have 42,000 persons in its workforce by the end of 2022.
Dr. Uchechukwu Sampson Ogah, is a man that has resolved not to speak evil about people, but he has also resolved not to keep quiet in the face of the need to take Abia state to Eldorado.
There is so much to talk about Dr. Uchechukwu Sampson Ogah that you will need to discover for yourself. All I want to say is that he has the qualities of leadership required to transform Abia state.
Great Imo Jonathan.